Just as life is like a rollercoaster with it's ups and downs, so it is with my journaling efforts. Gotta be authentic, right?

Where did THE LAST 3 YEARS go? Playing catch up is too overwhelming so I'll just try to keep going as if I never stopped.

Our Adventure Continues @ nomorepinkvoid.blogspot.com

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Birthday Boy

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KYLER!! 2 YEARS OLD...

Kye was lucky enough to spend his actual birthday on the boat. I figure he had better get used to the fact that we'll probably always be celebrating his birthday while on vacation. What can you expect when you have a Summer bday?!?

To quench my guilt, we turned his birth-day into a birth-WEEK! Last Tuesday, we went out to dinner w/ grandpa & gramma, followed by an hour-long rendezvous to Toys R Us. Wednesday, we had a little swimming party with the neighbor kids. I was preoccupied with water balloons & cupcakes & didn't get any pictures... Thurs-Sat we spent boating & having fun! Sunday evening, we came home and had his "cousin party." (Thanks, Grandma J, for being willing to share your birthday party with him!)

The two two-year-olds- Kye & Miles are only a day apart!


Here he is playing with his new toys before bed.


He may think he's big, but he's still my baby. (When asked to show us how old, he would raise four fingers and say "I four," then laugh... I've been reminding him he's only two & still my baby...)

2 comments:

LATIMER FAMILY said...

Happy Birthday little guy!

Trevor, Brianna, Alivia, Tayvree, and Avynlee Hansen said...

looks like you guys have had a great summer! i thought that was pretty funny watching Kye beat up that Mickey Mouse!! LOL!!! Kids are funny and you are raising great kids!!! Not to mention how stinkin' cute they are! I can't believe Kyler is two! Time flies!