Last week, Brett & I were able to go on a Western Caribbean Cruise MINUS our children, thanks to our amazing parents who were so willing to wrestle our monsters while we were gone!Here we are w/ Nate & Brianna- who are great vacation buddies 'cuz they're way laid back, easy to talk to, & like to have fun!
Cozumel is such a gorgeous place! It's probably my favorite paradisaical island, second only to Maui.
Notice how Brett is already tan- and this was at the beginning! Maybe our next kid will be blessed with Brett's coloring...
Brett was able to swim with some Dolphins and I gladly sat on the dock to take pictures-
It was like our own personal Sea World adventure!
Anyone who knows me well, knows I can't play volleyball to save my life... (or pretty much any sport, for that matter) So, thanks to Brianna's phenomenal photographer skills, my mom's dreams of my becoming a volleyball star do not have to be buried after all!
Here we are, in Progresso Mexico, climbing on a pile of rocks, aka Ancient Mayan Ruins!
Brett got a kick out of climbing to the top...
But he was much more excited about the cenote (fresh springwater pond) that he was able to snorkel in.
I'm not really into being swarmed by thousands of little fishies, so needless to say, I didn't like it so much...
Brett could live like this. He carried his bright green mesh bag, full of snorkel gear, literally everywhere. "It was definitely worth it!"
The highlight of the trip, for me. In Progresso, we were able to get a 45 minute massage on the beach for only $10. I had two :)
Here is Brett's dolphin friend. She does lots of tricks, including giving belly rides & propelling people through the water with her nose.
So, yeah, we had lot's of fun, but it is nice to be back with our kiddies. They had a great time with their grandparents, but we were all happy to be back together and get back to normal!
My National Champion
1 month ago
8 comments:
Looks like you had tons of fun!!
Looks like you guys had tons of fun!
Next time I'm going, even if I have to leave Kels at home.
We had a blast too and we think you guys are great vaca buddies too!
Hooray for getaways without the kids!!!!!! :) Looks like it was a GREAT cruise!! And Mayan ruins are always fun to see!! I am jealous of the $10 back massages!!!!
p.s. VERY CUTE Valentine's theme to your blog!!!
That looks so awesome!
Ok, I'm so jealous! A break from the kiddos sounds awesome no matter what you do together. Super cute suit by the way.
I am so jeleous, I totally need somthing like that right now. How nice would that be? Oh, and Shon asked if Brett was baptizing someone in that 9th picture?!
Post a Comment