Here are some bits and peices (beware there are a whole lotta pics) from our recent Disney World trip:
Unfortunately, we lost our camera at the airport, but luckily my mom brought hers...
Hunter had a great time when the pilot invited him to come hang out in the cockpit.
Introducing Captain Hunter- Here he is flying the plane!!
This was Kye's first plane ride. He behaved way better than I expected- his only two tantrums happened when we had to get off the plane.
Although this was not Hunter's first plane ride, it was the first one he'll actually remember.
This little family of four requires a ton of luggage for a week-long vacation.
Here we are on the Magic Kingdom Ferry.
First stop, at Hunter's request, the Buzz Lightyear ride.
Followed by their first autograph... Both boys were wide-eyed with excitement the whole time!
Winnie the Pooh was Kye's favorite hands down!
A few days after we came home, Kye surprised me by talking about daddy driving us in blue car...
I couldn't figure out what he was talking about until we were looking through our pictures and he wildly exclaimed "There's my daddy in my blue car!"
Hunter loved seeing Mickey's real house. Here he is in the garden.
Who will pull the sword from the stone?
Hunter's (& his dad's) favorite ride was the Mad Tea Party.
We were so proud of Hunter for braving Splash Mountain.
We ended the night watching (and hiding from) the firework show.
Next stop: Animal Kingdom
Dinosaurland was pretty cool.
The boys ended up digging for dino bones for over an hour! Thankfully, my parents were there to help out, so Brett & I were able to get in a couple roller coasters during times like therse...
More dinosaur lovin'
Here the boys excitedly wait in line for...
Goofy & Pluto!
Pluto is Kye's absolute favorite...
He was star-struck & couldn't stop talking about Pluto!
Kye proved to be very patient when he had to wait in line. Here he waits for the Safari...
Watching the parade.
More Pluto... This time he gave Kye five. You can probably imagine how elated Kye was...
Boys with Donald.
Family with Mickey.
Here are my boys doing what they love. What's the point of going to a hotel if you can't get a little swimming in?
Our nightly ritual involved cuddling with Grandma & Grandpa until way past bedtime.
More Magic Kingdom:
Hunter was lucky enough to be one of the few kids handpicked by Captain Jack Sparrow to become a real pirate! He has a certificate and everything!
Here we are at the Swiss Family Treehouse (A must-do on Brett's list).
I realize that neither of my boys are even looking, but it's such a rare occasion that I look somewhat okay, so I posted this one. That's what you get to do when you're the blogger of the family ;)
I'd say Hunter did pretty well filling up his autograph book!
More character greetings. If you look at Hunter's face, you'll see he didn't care much about this one...
More parade time for me & Hunter. I insisted on watching atleast one parade at each park. Brett is not a big parade fan, so he gratefully pushed our napping Kyler away from the loud music.
As per Hunter's request- another ride on the teacups!
Dumbo was another favorite.
By the time the park closed, we were exhausted! Goodbye, Magic Kingdom.
Next stop, Epcot!
Hunter later told me he didn't really like Daisy Duck, because she's not a boy... Needless to say, I didn't waste any time waiting in line for Minnie.
Here we are on the Finding Nemo ride.
Originally, we hadn't planned on going to Epcot, but when Waterman-Brett saw the Aquarium, he was glad we did!
All three of my boys were in an Oceanic Heaven!
We spent a lot of time in this area...
Hunter loved going in the "big ball" at Epcot. He thought it was the biggest "ride" he'd ever been on.
If you look closely, in my hand I hold a box that contains the most beautiful French Napolean ever tasted. This dessert holds the number one spot on my list of favorite treats! Biting into this mouth-watering pastry was definitely a highlight for me!
Finally, it was off to Ft. Lauderdale, where Brett & I went on a little 2-night-mini-cruise while my parents gratefully stayed back with the kids.
They spent the entire time at the beach!
I was worried they would get bored after being at Disney World for four days.
But they obviously were not bored in the least.
I have apparently forgotten what waterbugs they are...
I thought the kids would be exhausted by the time the trip was over. Yeah, right!
On the flight home, the pilot invited Kyler to come fly the plane. What are the chances?!
4th of July
5 weeks ago
6 comments:
Wow, what a FUN FUN trip! I love the boys' faces; in fact, you ALL look like you are having the time of your lives! What great memories, and what a fabulous vacation...bummer about your camera, though :(. Glad you still have pics of everything; gotta love grandmas for that (and so many more reasons, of course!). Hope you guys are doing great.
What a great adventure! Kudos to you and Brett! Two days at Magic Kingdom alone would have done me in!
Looks like so much fun! I'm so jealous - Evan still talks about Ky constantly.
I really am jealous... it looks exhausting, but in the best way possible!
Looks like fun!
looks so fun!!! the shark pic is my favorite!! :D
Post a Comment