Just as life is like a rollercoaster with it's ups and downs, so it is with my journaling efforts. Gotta be authentic, right?

Where did THE LAST 3 YEARS go? Playing catch up is too overwhelming so I'll just try to keep going as if I never stopped.

Our Adventure Continues @ nomorepinkvoid.blogspot.com

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Blessings Worth Noting

Today I had a change of heart.
I had spent the entire week feeling sorry for myself (Why can’t this baby come out already? Wah-wah, he’s going to be huge! I’ve never had to go this long, nothing’s going according to MY plans- WHINE MOPE WHINE).
The pity party was even rubbing off on my kids, who figured if mom was ornery and full of grumbles, then it should be okay for everyone to let loose with a free-for-all in the complaint department.
This is obviously not a picture of Kye complaining. I just couldn't resist showing this week's current obsession: dad's hat and Hunter's "Indianna Bag."

 Needless to say, I’ve been quite the pleasure to be around. (I know, poor Brett).
Then Hunter became sick and we found ourselves at the doctor’s office Friday morning. He turned out to have strep throat, so I thought, "okay- let’s get him over this quickly so the baby can come out." Brett and I never catch strep, so my plan was to just make sure it didn’t spread to Kyler and we’d be free and clear.
 Hence the pics from our two-hour trip to the duck pond:  
 Side note: Kye was fascinated with all the baby ducks.
While Hunter was determined to climb the steepest hill.
I was so proud of my idea to keep the germs out of the house and give the boys some fun and fresh air.
Next thing ya know, I’m up coughing all night and feel like I‘ve been hit by a bus... 
My prayers have quickly changed to begging that he WON’T come until we're all healthy again. 
Imagine the horror of trying to recover from having your stomach cut open while hacking up your lungs at the same time! 

I think instead of whining with every day that goes by, I will now be counting my blessings... 

3 comments:

Brianna said...

Strep is AWFUL!! Hope you all get on the mend soon.

Sarah, please make sure you and baby #3 are checking in with a doc on this... just to be cautious.

Irene said...

oh my, Sarah! Please let me know if there is anything that I can do for you. I make a good homemade chicken noodle soup. Please call for anything. :)

Beth Monson said...

Oooh that would be awful to be sick and having surgery! And then being afraid to snuggle your tiny (or not so tiny) new baby. I hope you feel better soon:). So when is that baby coming?.....:)