Just as life is like a rollercoaster with it's ups and downs, so it is with my journaling efforts. Gotta be authentic, right?

Where did THE LAST 3 YEARS go? Playing catch up is too overwhelming so I'll just try to keep going as if I never stopped.

Our Adventure Continues @ nomorepinkvoid.blogspot.com

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

All Grown Up

I can't believe it!!
My kindergartner is no longer a kindergartner!
 Hunter had his kindergarten graduation on the last day of school. His cute teacher put together a darling program where they recited little speaking parts, sang songs, and ended with a diploma ceremony. He was so excited his whole family came to watch- Thanks grandparents! Your support made his day!
 Hunter thought he was so cool in his "real grad hat!"
Hunter had practiced "performing" for us for the two weeks leading up to his big event.
Kye loves his big bro so much-
He shouted, "Hunter! There's Hunter," as the kids were walking in and ran to give a tight hug.
"January is the first month of the year! Learning the months makes us want to cheer!"
He was full of cool confidence as he sauntered up to the microphone for his big moment.
Kyler also wanted his time to shine.
He continually tells us how he can't wait to be in kindergarten.
He also prays daily that he can "go to school the day after the next day."
Now that we have a baby around, I've started calling these two "my older boys." The sad thing is they really do get "older" and grow up much too fast... I just have to remember to enjoy every moment- Just look at these handsome men!   

2 comments:

Tisha and Mark said...

Can you believe you have a kid in first grade? That is insane! Time does go by too fast and before you know it, we will be old crusing it up and eating at Buffets :)

Tisha and Mark said...

Oh wait, you and BRett already really like Buffets....I meant, getting the Sr. Discount at buffets ;)