Just as life is like a rollercoaster with it's ups and downs, so it is with my journaling efforts. Gotta be authentic, right?

Where did THE LAST 3 YEARS go? Playing catch up is too overwhelming so I'll just try to keep going as if I never stopped.

Our Adventure Continues @ nomorepinkvoid.blogspot.com

Monday, June 27, 2011

Why do I never learn?!?

SO SAD!!
This is what happened when I ignored my poor little cherry tree: 
7 years old and FULL of cherries, it started to droop last week. And then it drooped some more. 
I watched it lean lower and lower each day and thought I should probably get out there and thin those cherries...
I put it on my "to do" list:
I mentioned to Brett, "I really need to do something about that tree or it's gonna snap."
The very next day, this happened:
My heart is so sad about my little tree!

I like to think this is a good lesson on procrastination and that I will learn to never again NEGLECT something that's important to me.

My mouth is watering a little as I mourn the loss of cherries, cherry jam, cherry syrup, and cherry cobbler, sniff, sniff...

4 comments:

Beth Monson said...

Oh that is SO sad!!! I am mourning the loss of your cherries also. I LOVE cherries. This reminds me of our poor little peach tree at our old house that was JUST starting to finally produce peaches and....our dog chewed the trunk to death!!!! It wouldn't be as hard to take if trees didn't take SOOOOO long to grow!

Tisha and Mark said...

That is a sad story BUT I venture to say that you have been a LITTLE busy lately :) I hope things are well. I need to come and get my hair did soon and we need to plan a St George trip in a few months :)

Irene said...

That is a sad story. But look at the bright side! On your list you had all the duties of the boat crossed off and done. That must mean you've had some fun in the sun!

Mark and Shauna said...

I totally feel your pain!! My two cherry trees both died this year!!