Just as life is like a rollercoaster with it's ups and downs, so it is with my journaling efforts. Gotta be authentic, right?

Where did THE LAST 3 YEARS go? Playing catch up is too overwhelming so I'll just try to keep going as if I never stopped.

Our Adventure Continues @ nomorepinkvoid.blogspot.com

Sunday, November 30, 2008

"I'm Looking At You Through My Eyes" & Other Random Tidbits...

Back when I was preggo with Hunter, Brett & I taught sunbeams. Anyone who has ever had the pleasure of teaching primary knows the sunbeams can come up with some majorly random sayings.
There was this one little boy in particular who used to put his hands around his eyes and say "I see you with my eyes," & I remember commenting to his mom that I hoped my kids would have that much personality...

Well, the other day at breakfast, my wish came true! Hunter stopped eating his cereal and said, "Hey mom, look! I can make binoculars out of my hands!"
"Cool," I smiled and continued absentmindedly feeding Kye.
"MOM! LOOK! I'm looking at you through my binoculars!" He then took his hands out of "binocular" position. "Now I'm just looking at you through my eyes."

Another funny moment- While we were decorating the tree, Hunter found that he could get these snowflake ornaments to stick to his shirt. "Look, guys! I'm like the Christmas Tree!"
Cute, is he not? Now, I've mentioned before- HOW do I get him to smile? Does anyone have any suggestions for how I can get rid of his deer-in-headlights-look when posing for pictures? HELP!

7 comments:

Team Och said...

I have the same problem with Dylan. He just his jaw out and sneers in every school pic. Hopefully, at least for your scrapbooks' sake, that Hunter loosens up soon. Although, he is a doll regardless!

Irene said...

That IS cute! Hunter is so funny.

The Beckstrom's said...

Isnt it funny how they have personalities similar to ours. I love seeing Kurt in my kids!!

The Beckstrom's said...

I did get new family pics done by Sadrine Hudgens.you should check out her site now. She is so funny. I love my pics though.

THe Hepworth's said...

I think it's a boy thing!! Tak is 8 and still does that, every year I hope his school picture will be different and every year it comes home I ask are the photographers scary!!! If you figure it out let me know!

Catherine said...

So cute! I love all the cute things kids come up with to say. Your cabinets looks great, by-the-way. I'm way impressed!

Trevor, Brianna, Alivia, Tayvree, and Avynlee Hansen said...

oh my goodness that is too cute! and i have no idea how to get him to smile!! he's a funny kid!! your kids have tons of awesome personality!!!