Birthdays just aren't the same when you're a mom....
Don't get me wrong, my hubby & our parents always do a wonderful job of making my day special. In fact, Brett was so good at giving me exactly what I wanted: Cold, hard, CASH!(I also asked him to start a "Keep Sarah Looking Young" fund, where we could start saving up for some collagen fillers, ultrasonic & laser facials, maybe a nip and/or tuck here and there, but he just laughed. Well, we'll see if he's laughing in about twenty years when there's no fund to keep me looking young.)
No, really I had a great birthday weekend and great birthday day, it's just, as I'm sure many of you can relate, when you're a mom, your birthday sometimes is, well... Another plain old day of changing diapers, wiping snotty noses, making breakfast, cleaning up, making lunch, cleaning up, playing toys, cleaning up, and so on and so on. This particular birthday found me in the doc's office with my sweet baby, who had a horrible case of croup and a massive ear infection. Can you blame the poor guy for being so irritable?
The highlight of my birthday: As we were waiting to get his prescription filled, I happened to notice a grand grocery sale- and was able to spend a good hour loading up on food storage! Who'd have ever thought my favorite b-day activity would consist of me flipping through my coupon book while my husband pushed the cart (full of kids & cereal boxes) behind me?! As I said, birthdays aren't the same when you're a mom! This picture has nothing to do with my birthday, but for some reason, whenever I post a pic of one kid, I feel guilty if I don't post the other. So, here's Hunter making faces as we built our snow fort the other day- His sweet little voice repeating, "I love you mommy," and "Happy Birthday, M-O-M!" was the best present of all!
4th of July
5 weeks ago
6 comments:
Happy Birthday Sarah! I hope that it was great; and you surely don't need a fund to keep you beautiful. You are gorgeous just the age you are. (insert cheesy--but genuine--music).
Happy Happy Birthday Sarah!
Happy Birthday! I love that you scored on the food storage stuff.
Happy Birthday! In less than 6 months I'll be joining you on the one step closer to thirty path... and don't worry we don't have a keep lokking younger fund yet either.
Happy late Birthday!! It's just not quite the same when you are a mom!! Ear infections are the worst!! Poor guy. I LOVED the pt post!! So funny. Seriously. There is NOTHING more fun than it!! I needed a good laugh!
Birthdays are different when your a mom! I've noticed that too! Wow, okay well that is sad that Kyler had a bad case of croup :( Croup coughs are awful to hear!!! Well i hope he is doing better and I hope you had a great birthday!!!!!!!
Post a Comment