Just as life is like a rollercoaster with it's ups and downs, so it is with my journaling efforts. Gotta be authentic, right?

Where did THE LAST 3 YEARS go? Playing catch up is too overwhelming so I'll just try to keep going as if I never stopped.

Our Adventure Continues @ nomorepinkvoid.blogspot.com

Friday, January 2, 2009

Top Ten Countdown:

Sarah's Favorite New Year Traditions:
10) Popping open the Sparkling Cider! Yum!
9) Reading over my journal from years past. That always gives me a good laugh :)
8) Sampling lots of yummy food! It's the last night I allow myself to eat ALL the junkfood in sight, so I have to make it count... No, who am I kidding, that goal usually lasts about a month at the most.
7) Cleaning & organizing the storage room (Brett especially loves this one.)
6) The Annual After-Christmas Markdowns on next year's Christmas items (ie, wrapping paper, ornaments, lights, decor, you name it!)
5) Staying up late on New Years Eve!
4) Sleeping in on New Years Day! Thanks honey!
3) Dumping out every toy we own into an enormous pile, then sorting/organizing/throwing out/etc. Can we say, OCD?
2) More shopping! Sweaters, gloves, hats, & boots- what great bargains!
1) Setting new goals & starting fresh! Hooray!

2 comments:

Brianna said...

I don't think you're too OCD because a lot of the things you like to do I like to do too. Seriously, how can you have a fresh, clean start with New Years if your surroundings aren't clean?!!

Beth Monson said...

Yeah I would have to agree with Brianna. However, I know I have some OCD tendancies and I have been cleaning and organizing like a bat out of H%#@! (if only Nate appreciated it). So I hope we're normal??