The show has now been over for almost a month and I still haven't seemed to catch up on life, probably because of all the projects I've started to fill my "extra" time...
After a few (seven) months of trying to decide whether to move or not, we finally feel good about our new plan to refinance & stay for atleast two more years. So, now that I know I'm staying around, the home-improvement itch is here:
1. Repaint room- check
2. Paint bathroom- check
3. Add more shelving/reorganize closet- check
4. Build new computer desk- check (here at the Johnson home, we look at furniture in a box as a wonderful learning experience- not the time-consuming, pull-your-hair-out, crappy-directions, pain in the *** project it really is) ;)
5. Reorganize computer area- check
6. Clean carpets- partial check
7. Sale vehicle- check
8. Find new vehicle for screamin' deal- check
9. Build shed- check (okay, so we maybe cheated on that one and hired it out)
10. Have shed built for screamin' deal- check
11. Paint shed- check
Still needed:
12. Clean out garage/move items into shed
13. Move boys into same room
14. Repaint boy's room
15. Add shelves/hooks/etc. to boy's room
16. Reorganize laundry room
17. Catch up on piles of yard work (that is a separate list on its own)
18. Finish cleaning carpets
19. Catch up on scrapbooking (this one always seems to get bumped down to the bottom of the list)
Maybe number twenty should be "quit being such a blogging slacker-" what do ya think?
4th of July
5 weeks ago
4 comments:
Why are you moving the boys into the same room? Do you have an announcement?
I can't believe how much you've accomplished the last few weeks... bravo!
AAAAHHH NOOOOO! Not an announcement! I'm just sick of toys being all over both rooms, so I thought if we make one room the sleeping room & one room the playroom, there might be less mess. I hope!?
Wow, you've got more accoplished on your list in the last month then I have in the last 6 months. :) Maybe you could come over and wiz through mine like you do yours! Great work!
I don't think that I have accomplished that much since I have had kids. My motivation for projects left me 3 years ago. I work best in those situations when I have someone there to help push me!! Do you know anyone? ;)
Post a Comment