Well, we all know how the project cycle works. First, you start out wanting to "reorganize" a closet. That turns into the entire room. While you're at it, you want to add new trim. While you're getting the lumber, you figure. why not add shelving. If we're getting all the tools out, we might as well put some garden boxes together. Then, it's time to paint. While we have the painting supplies out, we might as well refinish some furniture. Finally, the hubby draws the line. No more projects!!
I was so excited to post all the pictures of our re-model/re-decorate/re-organize extravaganza.
Yesterday afternoon as I turned off the vacuum, I breathed a sigh of relief and thought to myself, "Good. Now that all my projects are done, I'll take a break for a few weeks."
When Brett walked in the door I waited for the shock & surprise to register on his face. "Wow! It's sooo clean!" (He's really good to let me know he appreciates me- especially when I'm standing there expectantly waiting for the compliment!)
I could see it written all over his face (excuse the cliche); now we could finally stop all this "project nonsense!"
It lasted a total of one hour.
After the dinner dishes were cleared away, the laundry (somewhat caught up) the kids bathed & ready for bed, it happened. We heard a splashing sound that was much too loud to be normal.
The dishwasher was leaking. It ran into the heater vents, found its way into the ceiling vents, and FLOODED THE BASEMENT!! Could Somebody be trying to tell me something? I guess relaxation will have to be put off for another few weeks.
4th of July
5 weeks ago
6 comments:
Please let me know if you need any help. Good luck.
That is sad. :-( If you get a new DW get a Whirlpool. We did, and we've been happy ever since!
Your post about serial projects reminds me of the children's series "If you give a mouse/moose/pig a cookie/muffin/pancake." If you haven't read them to your kids, you should.
oh Sarah, you must know by now, work is never done...never
I'm so sorry! Things like that always happen when you're expecting some relaxation! Good luck.
Sarah that seriously stinks. I am so sorry. Maybe you should sell your house and move South.......
looks like fun!
Post a Comment