Just as life is like a rollercoaster with it's ups and downs, so it is with my journaling efforts. Gotta be authentic, right?

Where did THE LAST 3 YEARS go? Playing catch up is too overwhelming so I'll just try to keep going as if I never stopped.

Our Adventure Continues @ nomorepinkvoid.blogspot.com

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Reflections


It’s funny how it usually takes a tragedy to really get you thinking about things. A really amazing family had a sister/daughter pass away & as we drove away from the viewing, it really hit me hard just how important (and short) this life is.

What a blessing each breath is (cliché, but true). It’s sad how little I acknowledge that each day really is a gift from my Heavenly Father. More often than I should, I get too wrapped up worrying about so many temporal things that really just don’t matter. Do I want my children to remember that mom kept the house clean, or do I want them to know how much I loved spending time with them?

I hope to be more motivated to add meaning and purpose to each day I have on this earth. I want my spouse, children, & family to know what is really important to me... If that means letting go of control (or just forgetting a couple of items on my “to do” list), then that’s what I’ll have to do. I’ll be praying big time for help in being able to use my time more wisely…

Anyway, thanks for reading- I just wanted to post my random thoughts on how I had a nice kick in the pants today & how I need to be way more grateful for this life!

2 comments:

Jill said...

Thanks Sarah for sharing your thoughts. It is a sobering thought when I think about what my kids will remember about their childhood and about me. I need to put some of my lists away and focus more on the lists my kids have.

Anonymous said...

I love those words... we all need to keep being reminded of our gift of life. It's hard to balance our lives. my kids are growing up too fast.