Just as life is like a rollercoaster with it's ups and downs, so it is with my journaling efforts. Gotta be authentic, right?

Where did THE LAST 3 YEARS go? Playing catch up is too overwhelming so I'll just try to keep going as if I never stopped.

Our Adventure Continues @ nomorepinkvoid.blogspot.com

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Baby Kye, My Cutie Pie

Kye's birthday was Thursday, and I've been feeling pretty darn sad about it this entire week...

Why is it with the oldest I was so excited for all the firsts and this one I want to stay little for longer? It really seems like this year has gone by way too fast- faster than any other in my life! I also feel like it's been a lot harder to enjoy all the baby moments with Kye because we're so busy with both kidlets. (Man, if life is this crazy with two, how will it be for the next kid?)
But on a happier note, to celebrate Kye's birthday we went out to Red Robin (he has to love the "Double R" if he wants to be his daddy's son, right?)

We then took a trip to the batting cages/mini golf place that is literally around the corner (funny, we've lived here 5 years and never been before...)

Kye was very interested in the silly hats the boys wore! (Safety looks silly!)
Here's how I'm keeping Kye little for longer:

1) To prevent early verbal skills, we're all using Pig Latin from now on.
2) Forget veggies- Growing big and strong is for sissies!
3)I'll just push him down when he tries to walk.

I'm claiming the right to have my baby be a baby for another year (unfortunately, I think he might have a different idea...)

So, if in the future, I give my five-year-old a binki, you'll know it's because in my mind, he's going to look like this little munchy elfkin forever!

10 comments:

Melanie said...

Next time I see you shove Kye to the ground I'll try to remember you're not abusing him, you just don't want him to walk! You're hilarious.

Delynn said...

Oh, I so relate. I am a blubblering fool. I just can't stand to see Nicole grow up. I want her to stay little forever too. Lets tie a brick to their heads, they won't be able to grow anymore then, huh?

Jill said...

You crack me up! I know what you mean though. Matthew is still my baby even though every day he tells me he his bigger. If you figure out the secret to keep them little let me in on it.

The Beckstrom's said...

Oh Sarah! I know exactly how you feel. Take these momments in though. They are so amazing and then lost forever.

Becky said...

I can't believe he is a year. I swear you just had him (although you look great.) I like you plan to keep him a baby.

THe Hepworth's said...

Cake and Ice Cream was yummy!! Thanks for letting us wander in on the fun!! I can't believe he is 1!!!! Time has flown by!! If you find a way to keep them little longer let me know my time with Liv is running out!!!

Holly said...

Happy Birthday Kyler! I can't believe he is already 1!!!--and what an adorable 1 year old he is! That's just a given that he will be forced to like the "Double R" isn't it??? We should just celebrate Brett's love of that place and go there to eat together, it will give us an excuse to go out!!! :) And, your trip to flaming gorge looked so FUN!!!--wish we could have come!!!

Irene said...

He's one?!! Holy cow that went by fast. I know how you feel. I cringe every time I think about Olivia's age. I just keep trying to give her a bottle and let me rock her. But she won't have it. In my mind she's still 4 months old.

Team Och said...

Happy Birthday, Kye! Since our Liv is our last, I totally relate. Keep pushing him down, I won't call DCFS. :-)

Brianna said...

I can't believe that your baby is one! Maybe you sholud feed him cofee...I hear it stunts their growth.;)