Just as life is like a rollercoaster with it's ups and downs, so it is with my journaling efforts. Gotta be authentic, right?

Where did THE LAST 3 YEARS go? Playing catch up is too overwhelming so I'll just try to keep going as if I never stopped.

Our Adventure Continues @ nomorepinkvoid.blogspot.com

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

226 Missing Bri-Guy


Boat-worthy Days...

There's about 7 in May, 30 in June, 31 SUPER days in both July & August, & some weeks in September, so about 113 total. We're missing Brian twice that amount, so I figure there are 226 days I'm going to be really sad he's half-way across the planet.

Elder Brian Larson has been serving his mission in South Africa (cool!) since October 2007. If anyone knows this guy, they know he's an awesome missionary, because he's a hard-working, happy, people-person, who has a strong testimony and a great desire to share the truth!

Now don't get me wrong, I have thought about him in the past eight months... I've even written a letter or two (which everyone knows I'm horrible at)! But the sacrifice he's making is now even more evident (to me) because he LOVES the lake!

I know Brian is doing exactly the right thing; (hello Sarah?!) sharing the gospel is far more important than lazily kicking back on the boat, but who can blame me, I'm missing my little bro! So, Brian, we'll miss you for the 226 days you can't be out on the boat with us. I can't wait to see you jumpin' the wake in 2010!

1 comments:

Mogie said...

He is a great missionary. I think the letter home I like the most he is telling about all the weird food or drink he is having and after each statement he simple writes "but hey, I'm in South Africa". I loved it. It is that attitude that the people in South Africa will come to love and be able to get to know the gospel because of his great personality. They are lucky people.