Just as life is like a rollercoaster with it's ups and downs, so it is with my journaling efforts. Gotta be authentic, right?

Where did THE LAST 3 YEARS go? Playing catch up is too overwhelming so I'll just try to keep going as if I never stopped.

Our Adventure Continues @ nomorepinkvoid.blogspot.com

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

A Day in the Life of...

KYLER:

This dear little child loves to spend his time terrorizing everything he can get his hands on!

Just earlier today, in the three minutes it took me to get Hunter's breakfast, Kye managed to get into the garbage, my bag, & some fishies (keep in mind, the crackers were in a sealed container)!

When I found the floor covered in paper & crackers, I had to get a picture of his "Uh-oh, you caught me" look, followed by the "Yeah! I got away with it" smile...

Too cute, too much TROUBLE!


HUNTER:



Hunter has turned into a "why child" this past month. Here are some of his latest questions :

  • "Who put the baby in that mommy's tummy?" (My answer, "Heavenly Father.") His follow-up question: "How did Heavenly Father get a baby to go in a tummy?"
  • (it somehow turned into Kyler's birth) "Did Kye climb out your mouth?" (Score one for the C-section! "Nope, the doctor opened up my tummy & pulled him out!")
  • "Where is Heaven?"
  • "Is the Holy Ghost a scary ghost?"
  • "Why don't the bad guys know how to be nice?"
  • "Where did we get that milk?" ("From the store.") "How did the milk get in the store?" (I realize I could have skipped the explanation, had I just said "from a cow," to begin with).


Observe. Inquire. Explore.

9 comments:

Kristin said...

Hey, I am glad you found me in the blogging world. I had fun reading your updates! Looks like you are having a great summer. I am way jealous of the boating. I miss waterskiing! I will add you to my list so we can keep in touch, because we live so far away (like you said:)

Catherine said...

Hey!!! I'm glad you found me too! Your boys are getting too big! Isn't is crazy that a little boundary change can make such a difference in how often we see each other? . . . how sad! Anyway, I'm glad we can at least be blogging buddies.

PS Your lists crack me up. Feel free to add my house to your list anytime!

Catherine said...

sorry, that should say "it" not "is" :0)

Delynn said...

Okay your boys are too cute. I am glad I found your blog (through Jenny Mckinnon's). Anyway, your family is darling.

kourtney said...

Yeah, another friend! But we could be more than blogging buds, we'll have to let the kids play another time. Your boys are too cute. Even when they are naughty, they just smile and get away with it! I love it!

Becky said...

LOVE the stories. Too funny. I love all Hunter's questions. You boys are too cute!

The Beckstrom's said...

All I can say to all this is....why?

Camie said...

How stinkin cute! Your boys are such cuties. I need to appologize for not posting sooner on your blog. I've been looking at it off and on for the last few weeks, but have never posted before. Sorry!!!I absolutely love you lists blog. Such a great idea! Way to keep the caos down to a bare minimum.

B Flat Major said...

Hi Sarah - I don't even remember how I found you, but I snuck a peek at your blog! I think Hunter's question about "is the Holy Ghost a scary ghost" is the best one of all!! My sister in law got her hair license a couple months ago and I kind of felt like I should let her cut my hair . . . but I miss you! Maybe I'll figure out something else to come for. How 'bout a pedicure??? :-)