Just as life is like a rollercoaster with it's ups and downs, so it is with my journaling efforts. Gotta be authentic, right?

Where did THE LAST 3 YEARS go? Playing catch up is too overwhelming so I'll just try to keep going as if I never stopped.

Our Adventure Continues @ nomorepinkvoid.blogspot.com

Monday, July 14, 2008

Frustrating Beyond Measure!

I bet I can guess what you're thinking:
Who in their right mind would let their lawn look like this?

I'll let you in on a little secret...
We did this on purpose!


Yes, my fellow blog readers, I sprayed roundup all over the darn grass. Why? Because I have a new obsession.

It's called the CRABGRASS that never dies...


I absolutely loathe it! We have tried EVERYTHING to get rid of it! Last fall, Brett dug all the spots out until our backyard was a giant crater-like mess!

Since then, we have patched the lawn together with sod, put Barricade all over (TWICE, mind you), and are faithful in our fertilizer applications... I have even tried painting each individual CRABBY strand with poison-

ALL TO NO AVAIL!
We've had it! We're about ready to torch the entire backyard and start over!
If there is anybody out there with any advice on how to solve this little problem of ours,please HELP!!

6 comments:

Camie said...

I am so sorry! We feel your pain, however we have not tried nearly half of the things that you have. If you find something that works please share the wealth!!
At least you can say you've caused the brown spots in your yard. We have no excuse for ours, except maybe the horrible secondary water pressure. GOOD LUCK! :0)

Arien said...

LOL!! Sarah I love it. Taylor has been doing the same thing to our yard. It looked like a giant dog had come around and peed in our yard. We have no clue either. Taylor has talked to every nursery and has been picking it and taking it in to them as well. Share any success if you have any. :)

The Beckstrom's said...

Just rip it all out and put in a massive pool!!!

Irene said...

Every nursery that we go to has a different solution. And Matt and I have come to the conclusion that there is no answer. I think that they just want our money. We keep buying what they tell us to use and SURPRISE, it doesn't work. Ours just keeps multiplying!

Holly said...

Oh the joys and responsibilities of adulthood, aren't they GREAT!!! How would you explain a massive, and I mean MASSIVE, dry spot in the middle of your grass when it gets hit by 5 sprinklers 4 times a week. We don't know, nobody seems to have an answer either!

Kristin said...

Good Luck with that. Ours is being taken over by weeds...yuck, It takes a lot of effort to keep those lawns looking good, and sometimes they still don't ...blah!