Just as life is like a rollercoaster with it's ups and downs, so it is with my journaling efforts. Gotta be authentic, right?

Where did THE LAST 3 YEARS go? Playing catch up is too overwhelming so I'll just try to keep going as if I never stopped.

Our Adventure Continues @ nomorepinkvoid.blogspot.com

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Humble Pie

in the form of the scriptures...

After moping around and venting all day about my missed opportunity ("I could've been a star," "they didn't even give me a chance" and "what a waste- I'm better than that"),

I opened up my nightly scripture reading to find 1 Nephi 22:23 staring up at me:
"For the time speedily shall come that... those who are built up to become popular in the eyes of the world... yea, in fine, all those who belong to the kingdom of the devil are they who need fear... they are those who must be brought low in the dust..."

I'm grateful the Lord sees fit to chastise a girl with a prideful heart before she gets too out of control.

2 comments:

The Beckstrom's said...

He always knows whats best for us, and when we are both signing in the heavenly choir you will say whats American Idol?

Holly said...

You read your scriptures EVERY night? WOW, that counts for something! :) No wonder you're so spiritual -- you're right up there with Molly I think! hehe! I've been needing a little motivation in that department lately! :(