Just as life is like a rollercoaster with it's ups and downs, so it is with my journaling efforts. Gotta be authentic, right?

Where did THE LAST 3 YEARS go? Playing catch up is too overwhelming so I'll just try to keep going as if I never stopped.

Our Adventure Continues @ nomorepinkvoid.blogspot.com

Monday, September 1, 2008

Fresh Salsa!!

My friend made this for me last summer and I pretty much stalked her for this recipe.
It's all I've been eating this past month. (Seriously, I'll make three batches a week, intending to share & give away, but then selfishly GULP IT all UP!!)

5 medium roma tomatoes, seeded & chopped
1/3 can pinto beans, rinsed & drained
1/3 can black beans, rinsed & drained
1/3 cup corn (I prefer frozen sweet corn)
1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
1/4 cup finely chopped green peppers
1 Tbsp. lemon juice (I like to use lime juice)
1 tsp. zesty italian dressing mix
garlic salt to taste
**Mix it up & enjoy!!

What a great way to use the tomatoes from our garden. Now, if only I could find a recipe I love this much for all that zuchinni...

4 comments:

Melanie said...

Thanks a lot! Now I have a craving for fresh salsa and I don't have any tomatoes!

Jill said...

Yummm!

Holly said...

Ooohhh, that looks delicious! I will definetly have to try it, thanks for the recipe! :)

The Beckstrom's said...

THis looks awesome. Hey Im cannign next month, you should come over and do some salsa with me!!!