Just as life is like a rollercoaster with it's ups and downs, so it is with my journaling efforts. Gotta be authentic, right?

Where did THE LAST 3 YEARS go? Playing catch up is too overwhelming so I'll just try to keep going as if I never stopped.

Our Adventure Continues @ nomorepinkvoid.blogspot.com

Saturday, October 11, 2008

The Big Race!!

Saturday night, our ward's EQ hosted a Pinewood Derby so all the boys (and their almost-grown-up fathers) could have fun racing their cars down the track.

Seeing as how I had ZERO interest in anything to do with scouting as I was growing up, I had no idea how much could go into pushing little wooden cars down a rickety wooden track.

Brett ordered a car off eBay, but it never came. When I heard rummaging sounds coming from the storage room, at first I had thoughts of large rodents attacking, but it was just my hubby digging through boxes to find his prized car from 1987.

Our 21-yr-old car won the ultimate booby prize, (everyone joked it was old and slow) the kids had a blast! Hunter LOVED it... ALMOST as much as his dad!

1 comments:

The Beckstrom's said...

We went to a haunted house that night. But I know if Kurt wanted to he wouldve been so competetive with all of that. Its his nature! He is just a big boy...