Just as life is like a rollercoaster with it's ups and downs, so it is with my journaling efforts. Gotta be authentic, right?

Where did THE LAST 3 YEARS go? Playing catch up is too overwhelming so I'll just try to keep going as if I never stopped.

Our Adventure Continues @ nomorepinkvoid.blogspot.com

Sunday, October 19, 2008

I've heard the expression UEA=Utah Enters Anaheim. Unfortunately, we did not go to Disneyland for UEA. However, since my mom is a teacher who doesn't go to the conference, we usually like to do something fun for the break! So Thursday we met Brett for lunch,
& since the zoo was a ZOO full of people (he he), we decided to try out This is the Place, since they were having a Halloween Celebration.


Hunter had lots of fun getting his face painted. (A pirate has to have a skull, of course!)
I dressed Kye up in Hunter's old doggie costume, and soon found out that was a bad idea. We ended up taking it off, since he screamed hysterically when I tried to put the headpiece on.


They had a little mini-train the kids could ride. Since Grandma L & Aunt Mandy are so cool, I volunteered to sit this one out and take the picture.

There was also a big train. Kye liked it, but Hunter thought it was "way too slow." (Can we say, spoiled?)


Anyone who knows me well, knows I would have made a horrible pioneer. (Yeah, I just would've laid on the side of the road to die!)

If you know me well, you also know I don't mix with horses (Or any other big, messy, stinky animals, for that matter- no offense, animals)...


Maybe that would explain why the pony rides were such a big hit.
I had no problem walking around until I stepped in some horse poop... Maybe I should've worn something other than flip-flops...

Lucky for Kye, Mandy saved the day!



Notice how large this horse is. This exact horse went on to get spooked & throw a little girl off onto the ground as we were walking away. Probably a good thing Hunter didn't witness that before his 3 rides.
Don't get any ideas, kids. We're NOT getting a pet horse!

8 comments:

Holly said...

I didn't know they had such fun things for kids to do at This is the Place park. We'll have to check it out sometime.....I hope the horse that bucked the kid off is no longer there, that's scary!

The Crockett's said...

I do much better at admiring horses from a distance. Sounds like you guys had a great time.

Camie said...

What a great family activity. It look like your boys had a blast.

The Beckstrom's said...

I love that place actually...the haunted villag at night though, is kinda lame...dont bother.

Jill said...

What a fun day!

Melanie said...

How fun! I miss the fall and there definitely aren't places that host fun activities for families on this island. Chalk another point up for Utah!

Irene said...

Why not?! I'm sure that a pony would fit nicely in your yard! :)

Tisha and Mark said...

I am mad that Brett didn't sport a costume...I was thinking Jack Sparrow :) I got your message but here it is 10:15 (11:00 your time) and I am just unwinding. Mckinley is an easy baby but MAN it is a lot of work. Hope things are well :) Wish you could see her....