Hunter & I had a funny (maybe I should be more alarmed) conversation last night as I put him to bed:
Hunter: After telling me all about the fun he had at his friend's earlier, "I wish I could live at Jackson's house."
Me: "But where would you sleep?"
Hunter: "In Jackson's bed."
Me: "Who would sleep in your bed?"
Hunter: "Daddy could. Or Kyler."
Me: "But your family would miss you."
Hunter: "Well, I would be in Jackson's family."
Me: "Then I wouldn't get to be your mom."
Hunter: "I know, Jackson's mom would be my mom!"
Me: "Oh, I would really miss you. What would I do without my Hunter?"
Hunter: "Kye will grow up and turn three, then you can have another baby."
(Okay, I give up!)
Me: "Well, let's call Jackson's mom and ask if you can join his family tonight." (I got up and turned his bedroom light on.)
Hunter: "No! No! I want to stay here! I'm in this family!"
My National Champion
1 month ago
4 comments:
Too funny. Kids say the funniest things. I am glad he decided to stay with you guys.
This totally reminds me of when Sophie packed up to be part of your family! So funny how they quickly renege when you try to call their bluff. I think maybe kids this age are trying to figure out where their place is in the family.
The words that come out of their mouths are so hilarious! I love Hunter. He is so adorable and SMART.
Well played Sarah, well played.
Post a Comment