Okay, I have now officially been awakened from my lazy, "everything's great" attitude, as I'm sure have many of you... I'm more interested in politics than ever before in my life- I'm more concerned for my family's future than ever before as well. I found it interesting that while listening to our Prophet's council just recently, I felt prompted that hard times are coming...
So, I've been stocking up on just about everything I can think of (just in case)...
Today, I went over to the mall to browse the clearance racks for the boys '09 summer clothes. While I was there, I found out that Mervyns is going out of business. (where have I been, under a rock?)
Bad News: It really adds another damper on the economy... Merry Christmas, Mervyn's Employees. Did you know that according to the US Department of Labor, "there are currently over 15 million people working retail jobs across the country," not that I'm saying they're all working at Mervyn's obviously, but still!
GOOD NEWS: In situations like these, I figure it's good to try to be somewhat optimistic, so here it is: Next week is the biggest sale they'll do before the company goes to the liquidators. That can be really good news for those of us with growing kiddies! Get their next ten year's clothing supply for going-out-of-business-dirt-cheap!
For more political information, from a great guy: visit www.glennbeck.com
Be sure to search for & read his articles from earlier this month: What Happened, What's Coming, & What Can I Do To Prepare?
4th of July
5 weeks ago
4 comments:
Things aren't looking good are they?! My brotherin-law lost his job working for FORD and he's still trying to find something. It's getting scary.
Sarah, I too feel your pain. Yesterday I found myself crying becuase I feel so bad for those who are struggling. it really puts into perspective the blessings we do have and the amazing counsel we get for times such as these.
Look on the bright side - SWEET deals ahead, right? (Make the best of a bad situation!) I hear the musical is going great!
My G-ma is devastated... she loves Mervyns. Thanks for the advice on the sale!
Post a Comment