Just as life is like a rollercoaster with it's ups and downs, so it is with my journaling efforts. Gotta be authentic, right?

Where did THE LAST 3 YEARS go? Playing catch up is too overwhelming so I'll just try to keep going as if I never stopped.

Our Adventure Continues @ nomorepinkvoid.blogspot.com

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Why Do I Even Try?

Why is it, no matter how hard I try to get all the laundry done and put away in a day, I always end up with 1 basket that seems to just sit there taunting me all week long?It's not like it would take more than 2 minutes for me to simply put the folded laundry away, but somehow, I push the entire basket into a corner & forget about it until laundry day comes around again. This is what happens, week after week in my house...

Am I really that lazy? Or am I sabotaging my perfectionist self? Or, is it because deep deep down, I know empty laundry baskets just don't exist, so why fight the odds?

Well, my friends, not today. Today I will put that last little bit away, so that I can enjoy the laundry being entirely done! It might even last for more that an hour, provided we don't have any accidents, spills, or messes!

8 comments:

Melanie said...

You know what else never ends? Grocery shopping! Every time I drag my boys to the store I know no matter how full that darn cart is, there is something I'm forgetting and I have to go back in a day or two.

The Beckstrom's said...

LOL! I was doing laundry today and stopped midway so I could spend the next 2 hours reading a book and abandoning the children to their own devices. You think you are lazy...at least you get it washed.

Jill said...

I DON'T even try! I hate laundry more than any other household chore, that's why I leave it for Kelson! I'm not sure if that's fair, but that was our prenuptial agreement. hee hee!

Camie said...

That is so funny! I wait until the very last minute to put laundry away! I hate it. The funny thing is you probably could have had that whole basket put away in the amount of time it took you to get your camera and take the picture. Why do we do that to ourselves??? :0)

Holly said...

At least you can say it's almost done, I'm never that close! :) We had fun last weekend, we shouldn't wait that long before we get together again!!!

Brianna said...

I hate puttig away laundry too! I hate those tiny, little kid clothes the most. I swear the basket never empties there are so many!

Delynn said...

I am right there with ya. I HATE LAUNDRY. Right now, this very second there is a basket of laundry done (but not put away) in our room, and in the girls room. My goal tomorrow is do this weeks laundry and get it ALL put away. On Sunday, Pres. Monson did say "There may be piles of laundry, but it doesn't matter." Enjoy the journey right?

lindsi said...

Sarah! I'm so glad I found your blog...along with everyone else in the ward!!! Maybe now I'll be in the loop - haha!

Check out our blog: www.letitsnowfamily.blogspot.com